HOW TO LIVE A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
To be healthy in your life,
Don’t forget to do all five, Get
up early, quick & bright,
Exercise with all your might.
Eat your breakfast you’ve done,
Train your body, train your brain,
And all bad habits pass away.
"The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but will rather cure and prevent disease with nutrition". THOMAS EDISON.
It’s no secret that we eat healthy food, we feel healthy but now day to day our life style is very changed due to our daily life like sleeping pattern - having an irregular sleep & poor sleep quality, poor nutrition and no exercise.
By depriving our bodies of the nourishment it needs can lead to poor nutrition & eating habits which can cause obesity, Diabetes & certain risk factors. Poor and over nutrition is caused by putting wrong type of foods in your body that are low in fiber & vitamins, high in fat, sugar & salt. Poor and over nutrition can also be caused by overeating. This type of nutrition deficiencies can affect your health in many ways not only can it lead to
certain disease but it can also affect your mental health, energy levels, complexion & your overall well being.
In short term, poor and over nutrition can contribute to stress, tiredness and our capacity to work. It also can lead to-
- Obese or overweight
- Tooth decay
- High Blood Pressure
- High cholesterol
- Heart disease and stroke.
- Type 2 diabetes
- Eating disorders.
Nutrition deficiencies can impair your daily health and reduce your ability to lead enjoyable and active.
Healthy eating habits can transform your life and help you live a longer and more active one. But what does healthy eating actually mean and how do you start putting this in to practice and breaking bad habits. These health habits are defined-
- Healthy diet- Healthy foods like vegetables, fruits, nuts, whole grains, and healthy fats combination of monounsaturated fat and polyunsaturated fat and essential fatty acids like omega 3 fatty acids included according to daily requirement.
- Avoid unhealthy foods like fried and processed meats and eat less saturated and tarns fat. Read the label of the products you are purchasing.
- Eat less salt-Make a conscious effort to put less and less salt on your food. Avoid sugary drinks such as sodas, energy drinks & Read the label.
- Fill half of your dinner plate with a variety of vegetables or salad; add lean protein such as meat, fish, chicken or legumes to take up quarter of the plate.
- Plan ahead means one of the main reason people end up eating fast food or bag of chips when they are in a hurry. Plan out your meals on weekends, including your snacks and purchase only what you need and prepare your food. This will not only help you eat healthier, but it will also save you money.
1. Healthy Physical activity level at least 30 minutes per day of moderate to vigorous activity daily.
2. Healthy Body Weight-BMI (Body mass index) which is between 18.5 kg/m2 - 24.9kg/m2.
3. Smoking and drinking-‘’HEALTHY “means never having smoke and drink.Tips for healthy diet-
- Eat healthy diet.
- Don’t skip breakfast.
- Eat smaller meals.
- Cut down on deep fried foods.
- Avoid sugary beverages & limit your juice intake.
- Avoid 3 W’s Products-W Means
- White sugar
- White rice
- White refined flour(MAIDA)
- Don’t smoke.
- Limit your alcohol intake.
- Get enough sleep(7-9 hours)
- Be active-at least 150 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity throughout the week.
- Increase your liquid intake for healthy life approx. 2.5-3.5litre/day.
Apex Hospitals are super-speciality hospitals across Rajasthan aiming to deliver top-quality and individual-focused Healthcare services.