Department of Cardiac Sciences
At Apex Heart Centre, we provide the best treatments and facilities for heart care. Our cardiology centre equipped with a panel of top cardiologists and latest technology, offers comprehensive cardiac programme treating heart ailments. Known for its exceptional heart surgery program, Apex Cardiology Centre continually ranks among the best hospitals in the region for cardiac surgery and is recognized nationally for its patient care, exceptional outcomes and its early adoption of innovative procedures and research.
Apex hospital Cardiology Centre is highly recongnised for Stent grafts, balloon angioplasty stenting in vascular areas, open surgical reconstructions, carotid artery stenting, carotid endarterectomy, bypass surgery, and peripheral artery disease.
- Coronary Angiogram
- Coronary Angioplasty is also called Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) for the treatment of coronary artery disease.
- Coronary Thrombectomy which involves removing a blood clot from the coronary arteries.
- Peripheral vascular disease intervention which involves the other arteries like renal, carotids, subclavian, mesenteric, femoral or distal lower limb vessels.
- Aortic Interventions – TEVAR, EVAR, and coarctation stenting.
- Percutaneous valve repair – Balloon mitral valvotomy, Balloon aortic valvotomy and Balloon pulmonary valvotomy.
- Congenital heart defect correction – Atrial and Ventricular Septal Defects-device closures and device closure of Patent Ductus Arteriosus (ASD, VSD & PDA).
- Cardiac catheterization with hemodynamic assessment for congenital heart disease, cardiomyopathies, valve lesions, and pulmonary hypertension.
- Cardiac pacemakers such as single chamber and dual chamber.
- Implantable Cardioverter (ICD/AICD).
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT).
- Stent grafts, balloon angioplasty stenting in vascular areas, open surgical reconstructions, carotid artery stenting, carotid endarterectomy, bypass surgery, and peripheral artery disease
- 12 lead ECG
- 2D and 3D Echocardiography including colour Doppler and contrast ECHO
- Strain Imaging– Speckle Tracking
- Trans-esophageal Echocardiogram (TEE)
- Treadmill test (TMT)
- Holter monitoring– 24 hrs and 48 hrs
- Event monitoring and loop recorders
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring (ABPM)
- Head-up tilt table test (HUTT)
- Pacemaker check and programming
- CT coronary angiogram
Cardiac MRI including stress adenosine protocol